(Book 1 of the series published May 2017)
... is a love story, a quest, a puzzle, a challenge, a dilemma and a journey of self discovery and restoration. What happens when life doesn't follow the script? In the midst of confusion can there be a benefit in having a doubt? On the road to recovery does life still deserve the benefit of the doubt?
- ... truly a breath of fresh air from the hard-man-style detective novels, yet the undercurrents it creates are just as threatening. Masterful LIVING ORKNEY MAGAZINE
- A fast paced and gripping tale set in Edinburgh and Spain SCOTS MAGAZINE (Sept '18: the best of new Scottish crime fact and fiction)
- Well written and thoroughly enjooyable in every twist and turn of the story. David Hidalgo is a great character and I expect to see more of him. 9.7 ONE MAN IN THE MIDDLE BLOG
(Book 2 published June 2018)
Tati, a young Belarussian girl, follows her dream to the Scottish capital where the dream suddenly becomes a nightmare. A chance conversation presents David Hidalgo with something that doesn't add up. Things are going to get a whole lot darker before the light dawns for either of them.
- A unique combination of spiritual journey and fast-paced crime. Very mature writing: an outstanding achievement RON FERGUSON, AUTHOR AND COLUMNIST
- Gritty and authenitic, All that Glitters is a gripping read with twists you won't see coming EMILY ORGAN, AUTHOR OF THE PENNY GREEN MYSTERIES
- Loved this second book even more than the first! Topical subject, believable characters, exciting plot. Couldn't put it down, can't ask for more in a book! AMAZON REVIEW